Saturday, March 20, 2021

Tyson Fury Halts Training amid Lack of Clarity Around Anthony Joshua Fight

Tyson Fury's heavyweight unification fight against Anthony Joshua isn't a lot, Fury stated in a meeting on Friday.

 

"I am not coaching anymore," Fury informed Alex Steedman and Barry Jones to a Top Rank broadcast on ESPN+. "I am not training no more. I've never ceased training since December 2017, and also following these world title fights, I coached the next day. I go jogging 10 miles, doing things... I am in the gym and messing about.

 

"I'm taking time away from the game right now, because, like I mentioned, I've been prepared to fight because I conquer Deontay Wilder last calendar year. I've had no success in getting another struggle.
Though it's been reported regularly over the past few months that a fight between Fury (30-0-1, 21 KOs), the WBC and lineal winner, also Anthony Joshua (24-1, 22 KOs), the WBA, WBO and IBF champion, to unify the heavyweight division for the first time as 1999 was close to being finalized for June somewhere in the Middle East, Fury said that it's not necessarily set.

"Everybody in this building knows more about this particular fight than I really do," Fury said when asked about the reports of the struggle. "I do not know jack, I don't know anything. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not even coaching . I've stopped coaching. [Trainer] Sugar Hill has gone home, he went home in November, end of November. ... I want a break, emotionally and emotionally and physically."
Fury stated he talked to Top Rank CEO Bob Arum on Thursday and also to his own attorney on Friday, and nothing else has been confirmed.

"I have heard it straight from the horse's mouth and I don't know anything without a struggle," Fury said. "Therefore, you are, right out of me.

"Just like I mentioned, I'm not training . Until I got a date, and they say,'Right, you're gonna be fighting June 15, Antarctica,' then I'll return to training camp. I only need six, seven months of instruction, anyhow, for all these bums."

Despite the outward doubts, Fury said that if a fight is declared shortly, he will be ready to fight.
"I will [fight] tonight. I am ready, I'm in shape, fit, I have trained my entire life," Fury said. "I'll fight tonight, tomorrow, next week, the week after thatthe following month. I've been calling for a fight for over a year."

Fury last fought Feb. 22, 2020, a seventh-round TKO victory on Wilder in the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Joshua defeated Kubrat Pulev by ninth-round KO on Dec. 12 at Wembley Arena in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tyson Fury says Fight vs Anthony Joshua to Take Place August 14 in Saudi Arabia

Tyson Fury will have obtained guarantees from Saudi Defense Secretary Prince Khalid Abdulaziz Al Saud that his four-belt heavyweight unific...